Gábor Péteri, Economist, PhD. He started his career at the City of Budapest , Planning and Economic Department. After working a decade at the Hungarian Institute of Public Administration later he was a free lance consultant on several projects with the British Know How Fund, US AID and the World Bank in Hungary . In 1996/97 he was actively involved in launching the Council of Local Government Associations, an umbrella organization of municipal associations. Since 1999 he worked as the research director of the Local Government and Public Service Reform Initiative (LGI), affiliated with Open Society Institute-Budapest. Published extensively on intergovernmental fiscal relations, financial management, municipal policy formulation, finances of public education.
- Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Finance on Fiscal Decentralization
- Advice of fiscal policy reform
- Fostering Indonesian Local Investment Promotion And Management In Decentralization Era Using European Experience
- Support for the Decentralization Process in Kosova
- Support to design the Reform Strategy for the transformation of Municipal Public Utility companies in Serbia
- Serbia Capital Markets Technical Assistance - Municipal Bond Development
- Taxation Reform Project
- Tracking transition: assessing the impact of local reform in Kosovo
- Sub-national governments and the crisis: fiscal impact and policy responses
- Urban Planning And Capital Investment Financing In Hungary
- Allocation of Local Government Functions: Criteria and Conditions, Analysis and Policy Proposals for Hungary
- From Usage To Ownership: Transfer Of Public Property To Local Governments In Central Europe
- Navigation to the Market: Regulation and Competition in Local Utilities in Central and Eastern Europe
- Mastering Decentralization And Public Administration Reforms In Central And Eastern Europe
- Alternative Service Delivery
- Management and Financial Methods in Municipal Communal Services
- Local autonomy and responsibility
- Local Government Finance: General Issues, Chapter 6...
- Transfers: Policy Options, Chapter 9...
- Strengthening Local Management Capacity: Institutional Development In Transition, Chapter 18...
- Municipal Treasury, Chapter 22.
- Local reform in Kosovo
- Finding the money. Public Accountability and Service Efficiency through Fiscal Transparency.
- Monitoring and advocating open government partnership commitments in the Western Balkans
- Mind your own business! Community governance in rural municipalities
- Improvement of local property tax administration in South Eastern Europe
- Public-Private Partnerships